The Boston Uprising handed the Washington Justice their first loss while improving to 3-0 in West Region qualifying at the Overwatch League’s Spring Stage Knockouts on Saturday.
The Uprising won in a sweep — 2-1 on Ilios, 2-1 on Blizzard World and 3-2 on Junkertown.
In other action, the New York Excelsior defeated the Los Angeles Valiant 3-1 and the Los Angeles Gladiators toppled the Florida Mayhem 3-2.
The OWL format is different this year, with lower-level teams getting the chance to compete with the top-level squads.
The season format will now see teams amass points based on their results in regional qualifiers rather than the standard league standings that were in place in previous years.
The Spring Stage will be followed by the Midseason Madness event, while the Summer Stage will be followed by the season-ending playoffs, but the makeup of the events will be different for the East and West regions.
Spring Stage qualifying matches will determine how the West teams are seeded in the Spring Stage Knockouts and which West teams make Midseason Madness.
West Region qualifying will continue Sunday with three matches:
–Toronto Defiant vs. Florida Mayhem
–Vancouver Titans vs. Boston Uprising
–Los Angeles Gladiators vs. Atlanta Reign
Overwatch League Spring Stage Knockouts, West Region qualifying with match record, map differential:
1. Atlanta Reign, 3-0, plus-9
2. Boston Uprising, 3-0, plus-8
3. Houston Outlaws, 2-0, plus-6
4. Washington Justice, 3-1, plus-5
5. Florida Mayhem, 2-1, plus-4
6. Los Angeles Gladiators, 2-1, 0
7. San Francisco Shock, 1-1, minus-2
T8. Toronto Defiant, 1-2, minus-2
T8. Vancouver Titans, 1-2, minus-2
10. New York Excelsior, 1-3, minus-5
11. London Spitfire, 0-2, minus-4
12. Vegas Eternal, 0-2, minus-6
13. Los Angeles Valiant, 0-4, minus-11
–Field Level Media