Marriott International, Inc. has until Monday to release to a court any video or other potential evidence regarding an encounter Pro Football of Fame member Michael Irvin had with a hotel employee during Super Bowl week in Phoenix, USA Today reported Friday.
A judge ordered Marriott to submit recordings, written statements, and the names and contact information of those who contacted the NFL to report what they witnessed transpire between Irvin and the female staff member.
Irvin filed a lawsuit last week against the chain and the woman, who works at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel. She accused him of inappropriate behavior, and NFL Network removed him from his lineup of analysts and sent him home.
Irvin is seeking $100 million in damages. His attorney, Levi McCathern, told TMZ that Irvin’s reputation has not only been damaged but that he lost money in the form of canceled appearances following the woman’s allegations.
“It is clear Michael is the latest victim of our cancel culture where all it takes is an accusation to ruin a person’s life,” McCathern told TMZ. “Michael looks forward to clearing his name in court and hopes the Court of public opinion will see the truth come out as well.”
The 56-year-old Irvin told The Dallas Morning News last week that he had a brief encounter with the woman in the hotel lobby.
“Honestly, I’m a bit baffled with it all,” Irvin told the newspaper. “This all happened in a 45-second conversation in the lobby. When I got back after going out … I came into the lobby, and I talked to somebody. I talked to this girl. I don’t know her, and I talked to her for about 45 seconds.
“We shook hands. Then, I left. … That’s all I know.”
–Field Level Media