Is Josh Allen just leaps and bounds better than everyone else? Are the Rams a good defense to play this weekend against a struggling Panthers team?
1. Josh Allen, Bills vs. Chiefs
Josh Allen is easily the best fantasy quarterback in the history of fantasy football. With his elite downfield passing coupled with a tremendous ability to extend plays and get yardage with his legs, Allen is the QB1 every week he suits up. We can expect another huge game from Allen in what will be a shootout against the Chiefs.
2. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs vs. Bills
Patrick Mahomes is a magical quarterback, which is why he has coined the nickname Houdini by many people. In what will be a shootout, Mahomes is a safe pick to finish as the QB2 this week with 4+ touchdown passes.
3. Justin Herbert, Chargers vs. Broncos
4. Lamar Jackson, Ravens vs. Giants
5. Jalen Hurts, Eagles vs. Cowboys
6. Tom Brady, Buccaneers vs. Steelers
7. Kyler Murray, Cardinals vs. Seahawks
8. Geno Smith, Seahawks vs. Cardinals
Geno Smith has the highest quarterback rating in the NFL and has completed one of the highest percentages of downfield passes in the NFL. Smith goes up against a Cardinals defense that is wishy-washy each week and should have another huge game.
9. Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Jets
10. Matthew Stafford, Rams vs. Panthers
Matthew Stafford hasn’t been great this year (more on the offensive line, not him) but he gets an easy matchup with the Panthers who just let Jimmy Garoppolo go crazy. If the offensive line can just give Stafford a couple more seconds we should see a 350+ yards-3 touchdowns game from him this weekend.
11. Joe Burrow, Bengals vs. Saints
12. Kirk Cousins, Vikings vs. Dolphins
13. Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers vs. Falcons
I am always hesitant to rank Jimmy Garoppolo high on this list due to his inconsistencies from week to week. It was just 3 weeks ago that Garoppolo threw an interception, fumbled, and had a safety against a bad Broncos team, but then he dominated both the Rams and Panthers in back-to-back weeks without a good offensive line. Maybe Garoppolo is the truth and the 49ers should re-sign him? Maybe he isn’t but we will see how good Garoppolo actually is against the Chiefs in two weeks: until then, enjoy what should be another decent performance from Jimmy G against the Falcons, although we never truly know with him.
14. Matt Ryan, Colts vs. Jaguars
15. Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars vs. Colts
16. Cooper Rush, Cowboys vs. Eagles
17. Russell Wilson, Broncos vs. Chargers
18. Daniel Jones, Giants vs. Ravens
19. Zach Wilson, Jets vs. Packers
20. P.J. Walker, Panthers vs. Rams
Top 10 Defenses this weekend: