1. Jalen Hurts, Eagles vs. Giants
Jalen Hurts is arguably the leading MVP candidate after his dominant 34.4 fantasy point performance where he threw for 380 yards and accounted for 4 touchdowns. The Giants have a good defense, but not good enough to slow down Hurts and the Eagles.
2. Justin Herbert, Chargers vs. Dolphins
Justin Herbert has had over 18 fantasy points in three straight games and this Chargers offense is starting to get into a groove. I am expecting Herbert to have 25+ fantasy points in a primetime game vs. the Dolphins.
3. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs vs. Broncos
Patrick Mahomes would be ranked in the top 2 if he wasn’t going up against the 2nd best defense in football and wasn’t coming off of one of his worst games all season. The Bengals played him very well and the Broncos will try to do the same. Nonetheless, he is still Patrick Mahomes and will have some magic up his sleeve.
4. Joe Burrow, Bengals vs. Browns
Joe Burrow accounted for over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns last weekend against the Chiefs and should continue to torch defenses with the offensive weapons he has on the Bengals.
5. Josh Allen, Bills vs. Jets
Josh Allen was held to just 17 fantasy points last Thursday against the Patriots, and the Jets have one of the better defenses in football. Allen will struggle a little bit and his fantasy performance will be contingent upon his ability to run. ]
6. Geno Smith, Seahawks vs. Panthers
Geno Smith threw for 367 yards and 3 touchdowns (23 fantasy points) against the Rams and has an even easier matchup vs. the Panthers this weekend to continue his stellar season.
7. Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins vs. Chargers
Tua Tagovailoa threw 2 interceptions against the 49ers last weekend, but he will have a much easier matchup against the Chargers. The Chargers have a beat up defensive line which will give Tagovailoa more time to go through his progressions and thrive.
8. Dak Prescott, Cowboys vs. Texans
Dak Prescott is coming off of a 16.8 fantasy point game and should have over 20 fantasy points this weekend against a weak Texans defense.
9. Kyler Murray, Cardinals vs. Patriots
Kyler Murray has had three straight 19+ fantasy point performances and is only ranked 9th because of the Patriots stout run defense that will negate Murray’s scrambling.
10. Kirk Cousins, Vikings vs. Lions
Kirk Cousins is going up against one of the worse pass defenses in football and should throw for at least 2 touchdowns this weekend (1 of which I am sure will go to Justin Jefferson)
11. Jared Goff, Lions vs. Vikings
Jared Goff (21.6 fantasy points last weekend) and the Lions’ offense continue to roll and enter a high stakes matchup with as possible playoff berth on the line for the Lions (they need to win out but certainly possible).
12. Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars vs. Titans
Trevor Lawrence was hurt last weekend and played through it, finishing with just 16.34 fantasy points. If he is able to get healthy and suit up for a clash against the Titans, Lawrence will be a solid start at the QB position.
13. Deshaun Watson, Browns vs. Bengals
Deshaun Watson came back last week against his former team and put up5.3 fantasy points with an interception. The Bengals have played well defensively, but with one game under his belt, Watson should only improve from here on out.
14. Tyler Huntley, Ravens vs. Steelers
Tyler Huntley filled in for Lamar Jackson well, rushing for 41 yards and a touchdown and throwing for 187 yards and an interception. Huntley’s fantasy value comes from his rushing ability and with T.J. Watt constantly putting pressure on him, I expect him to scramble for big gains in this one.
15. Russell Wilson, Broncos vs. Chiefs
I never thought I would put Russell Wilson on this list, considering how bad he’s been. However, the Broncos should be able to put up at least 17 points against the Chiefs and I just have a feeling Wilson will have one of his vintage performances against one of the better teams in the NFL.
Top 10 Defenses for this weekend:
1. Dallas Cowboys, Opponent: Houston Texans
2. Philadelphia Eagles, Opponent: New York Giants
3. Baltimore Ravens, Opponent: Pittsburgh Steelers
4. San Francisco 49ers, Opponent: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5. Buffalo Bills, Opponent: New York Jets
6. Seattle Seahawks, Opponent: Carolina Panthers
7. Kansas City Chiefs, Opponent: Denver Broncos
8. New England Patriots, Opponent: Arizona Cardinals
9. Denver Broncos, Opponent: Kansas City Chiefs
10. Pittsburgh Steelers, Opponent: Baltimore Ravens