Can Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson be slowed down? Is Patrick Mahomes the QB1 again, and what should you do about Jared Goff and Geno Smith? I have you covered in this week’s edition of QB and Defense rankings.
1. Josh Allen, Bills vs. Steelers
Josh Allen really never disappoints. Even after a “down” week for Allen, he was still able to put up over 23 fantasy points because of his rushing upside. Going up against an injured Steelers defensive line, Allen should be able to get back on track and put up close to 30 fantasy points.
2. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs vs. Raiders
Patrick Mahomes just put up 23.36 fantasy points against a top 5 defense so what is going to stop him from getting over 30 fantasy points against a bottom 5 defense? Exactly, probably nothing so I have Mahomes ranked higher than Jackson this week.
3. Lamar Jackson, Ravens vs. Bengals
4. Justin Herbert, Chargers vs. Browns
Even when he is struggling with an injury, Justin Herbert is still generational. He leads the NFL in passing yards this season and is going to continue to shred defenses a part against the Cleveland Browns this weekend.
5. Jalen Hurts, Eagles vs. Cardinals
6. Tom Brady, Buccaneers vs. Falcons
Tom Brady threw for well over 300 yards against the Chiefs, 385 to be exact, with 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. It marked the first time this season Brady has eclipsed 300 yards and for Brady’s continued fantasy success he needs both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin to be healthy.
7 Joe Burrow, Bengals vs. Ravens
8. Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Giants
9. Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars vs. Texans
10. Kyler Murray, Cardinals vs. Eagles
11. Derek Carr, Raiders vs. Chiefs
12. Dak Prescott, Cowboys vs. Rams
13. Matthew Stafford, Rams vs. Cowboys
14. Jared Goff, Lions vs. Patriots
15. Kirk Cousins, Vikings vs. Bears
16. Russell Wilson, Broncos vs. Colts
17. Geno Smith, Seahawks vs. Saints
Geno Smith has been one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL this season( a whopping 77.3 completion percentage and a 72.6 QBR which ranks 5th in the NFL)…there is no sugarcoating that. Then why is he ranked so low on your list? Well, the Saints’ defense (aside from last week) is one of the better defenses in football, and even with Smith’s weapons, it’s an unfavorable matchup that should result in regressed production from Smith.
18 Jimmy Garoppolo, 49ers vs. Panthers
19. Daniel Jones, Giants vs. Packers
20. Ryan Tannehill, Titans vs. Commanders