1. Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs vs. Bengals
Patrick Mahomes leads the league in passing yards and touchdown passes, but more importantly for fantasy managers, he is the overall QB1 this season and is matchup proof.
2. Jalen Hurts, Eagles vs. Titans
Jalen Hurts had his best rushing game of the season finishing with 157 yards on the ground and added 153 passing yards and 2 touchdowns. As versatile as any QB in fantasy, Hurts’ ability to run makes him a top 3 QB every week moving forward.
3. Josh Allen, Bills vs. Patriots
Josh Allen was supposed to be the clear-cut top fantasy this season, but he simply hasn’t solidified himself yet as the QB1 the rest of the way. Maybe this is due to his elbow injury that he is playing through, but Allen will need to run the ball more in the final stretch of the season to finish as the QB1.
4. Justin Fields, Bears vs. Packers
Justin Fields didn’t play last week as he is dealing with a separated shoulder. However, he is listed as questionable and may play this weekend vs. the Packers. Regardless of whether he will still be able to throw the football, Fields is one of the best pure runners in the NFL and would still produce at an elite fantasy level.
5. Joe Burrow, Bengals vs. Chiefs
Joe Burrow will have his top target, Ja’Marr Chase, back and should throw for well over 300 yards in what should be a shootout against the Chiefs.
6. Justin Herbert, Chargers vs. Raiders
Justin Herbert had his first 28+ fantasy point performance of the season in the Chargers’ win against the Cardinals on Sunday, and is taking that momentum into a divisional matchup vs. the Raiders.
7. Trevor Lawrence, Jaguars vs. Lions
Trevor Lawrence had his best game of the season (321 pass yards and 3 touchdowns, 24.94 fantasy points) against a tough defense in the Ravens. The Lions have the worst pass defense in football and Lawrence is poised for another big game.
8. Lamar Jackson, Ravens vs. Broncos
Lamar Jackson is matchup proof and a lot of his limited fantasy production in recent weeks is because his receivers are dropping open passes in the end zone (look up the tape). Because of his rushing upside, Jackson is always a top 8 fantasy QB.
9. Geno Smith, Seahawks vs. Rams
Geno Smith has the highest completion percentage (72.5) in the NFL and the Rams’ defense hasn’t played well all season long, so Smith is due for a big game.
10. Aaron Rodgers, Packers vs. Bears
Aaron Rodgers says he will play against the Bears this weekend despite leaving Sunday night’s game against the Eagles with an injury. Rodgers owns the Bears and should continue to target Christian Watson and Aaron Jones for big gains.
11. Deshaun Watson, Browns vs. Texans
This will be Deshaun Watson’s first game back from suspension and the Texans have one of the worst defenses in football.
12. Dak Prescott, Cowboys vs. Colts
Dak Prescott had his third worst fantasy performance of the year against the Giants last weekend (2 interceptions, 2 touchdowns, 261 yards, 14.8 fantasy points) and the Colts’ won’t be an easy matchup for Prescott either. Still, because of the many weapons he has, Prescott remains a top 12 QB despite a tough matchup.
13. Derek Carr, Raiders vs. Chargers
Derek Carr has had two straight 20+ fantasy point performances and the Chargers have one of the weaker secondaries in football without J.C. Jackson.
14. Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins vs. 49ers
Tua Tagovailoa would be much higher if he wasn’t going up against arguably the best defense in football. Tagovailoa will become matchup proof if he is able to throw for over 250 yards and 2+ touchdowns against the 49ers defense, but that is going to be a tall task.
15. Jared Goff, Lions vs. Jaguars
Jared Goff is coming off of one of his better games all season against the Bills (240 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions) and should continue to play well against the Jaguars this weekend.
Top 10 Defenses for this Weekend:
1. Baltimore Ravens, Opponent: Denver Broncos
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Opponent: New Orleans Saints
3. Dallas Cowboys, Opponent: Indianapolis Colts
4. Cleveland Browns, Opponent: Houston Texans
5. Pittsburgh Steelers, Opponent: Atlanta Falcons
6. Washington Commanders, Opponent: New York Giants
7. New York Giants, Opponent: Washington Commanders
8. Denver Broncos, Opponent: Baltimore Ravens
9. Philadelphia Eagles, Opponent: Tennessee Titans
10. New Orleans Saints, Opponent: Tampa Bay Buccaneers