INGLEWOOD, Calif. — NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer held a joint press conference Tuesday to announce the NBA All-Star Game is coming back to Southern California.
The 75th annual All-Star Game is set to take place Sunday, Feb. 15, 2026 while the Intuit Dome, which is still under construction, is set to open this August.
“People in L.A. are familiar with our All-Star festivities,” Silver said. “These games are distributed in more than 200 countries. It’s not just the All-Star Game itself. There are events throughout the week.”
Ballmer outlined plans for the arena, which includes about 1,500 restrooms and a steep section of 51 rows of seats known as “The Wall” designated to Clippers fans. The sounds of construction rang in the building as he spoke on the arena floor.
“I was giddy when I heard it was possible and even giddier when the NBA said we were getting it,” said Ballmer in his signature construction helmet.
The Clippers also released rules for “The Wall”, which state their fans cannot cheer for the opposing team or wear the visitor’s gear. Tickets can also only be resold in Clippers marketplace. A season on “The Wall” ranges from $5K-$25K.
The All-Star weekend begins Feb. 13, 2026, with the Rising Stars game for top rookies and second-year players taking place at Intuit Dome.
The following Saturday night will include the skills, 3-point and slam dunk contests.
Other All-Star weekend events will be at the Kia Forum, also owned by Ballmer, and the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The city of Los Angeles previously hosted the All-Star game in 1963, 1972, 1983, 2004, 2011 and 2018.